In order to inform the stakeholders, international researchers, and all of the enthusiasts about the Iran Electricity Market, IREMA decides to publish the annual reports. These reports give a general overview of the Iran electricity market during a 1400 fiscal year (March2021-March2022).
This report presents a brief introductory and key facts of IREMA performance.
The following points draw an overview on the IREMA statistics:
• The total wholesale cost of load serving during the fiscal year was about 344,277 Billion Rials
that manifests 5.44 percent of growth with respect to the previous year.
• The total traded energy volume in the day ahead market was 296,130 GWh.
• Out of market trades was 40,342 GWh that represent 47 percent of growth in comparision with
previous fiscal year.
• The total energy produced by the hydro-power plants decreased by 30.23 percent with respect
to the last fiscal year.
• The gas fuel had the greatest contribution in the fuel portfolio of the thermal power plants.