Iranian National Committee for Electric Power Studies, CIGRE-Iran, is a branch of International Council on Large Electric Systems (CIGRE) which started its activities in 1989 and represents Iran’s interest in the work of CIGRE.
In 9th July 2017, the study committee C5- electricity market & regulatory was established by executive board of Cigre Iran to stride the electricity market of Iran by exchanging of knowledge, best practice and experiences with other electricity markets experts globally. The targets for this study committee were set as follow:
• Contributes in development of research on electricity market
• Facilitates access to the publications and research results in electricity market for all activate entities in this field in Iran
• Improves the level of knowledge of universities according to Iran Electricity Market
• Organizes the Technical Committees in various topics of Electricity Market
• Holds international conferences in